Frequently Asked Questions
Planalysis is an interactive data visualisation tool that brings key property and tenant performance metrics to life on a colour coded thermatic floor plan. The solution provides powerful graphical and analytical functionality enabling users to quickly and easily craft visualisations in order to make the information more intuitive, accessible, manageable and meaningful. Planalaysis visualisations help identify risks and can make relationships in the data more apparent improving understanding and discovery.
Planalysis can be used to manage a variety of key performance indicators including assessment of lease expiry risk, identification of top and bottom performing tenants, analysis of rents per unit of measure and track sales performance against threshold targets.
Planalysis enables organisations to incorporate dynamic, data-driven information visualisation technology into their property management system, allowing property professionals to make sense of complex information in ways that traditional reporting cannot. Data that may seem too overwhelming, too multi-faceted, or too dry comes to life inside Planalysis, keeping your users more engaged and effective. Planalysis make information more intuitive and understandable, often leading to discoveries of relationships and nuances not otherwise possible.
Planalysis is designed to support the decision making efforts of Portfolio and Asset Managers, Property Managers, Leasing Executives, Marketing and Finance personnel enabling them to make quicker and more informed decision that adds value to your property investment.
Compared to other visualisation platforms, Planalysis offers compelling benefits:
- Planalysis has been specifically designed to support the analytical requirements of real estate property and their tenants.
- Planalysis is customisable enabling Key Performance Indicators to be tailored to individual company requirements.
- Planalysis supports nearly an infinite number of Categories and Indicators enabling compreheansive analysis of all required information.
- Planalysis has been integrated into many Property Management Systems and can extract data from many and multiple sources including SQL databases, Spreadsheets, Web Services, and other custom data sources.
- Planalysis is efficient with large properties and portfolios delivering effective performance .
- Planalysis incorporates a screen sharing collaboration capability enabling remote users to see what you see assisting the understanding of informaton.
Planalysis is specific to the analysis of investment property and is unique in its design, flexibility and compatibility. Its interactive colour coded thematic floor plan provides a spatial awareness not found in other systems and its flexible acrhitecture is designed to enable easy integration into a myriad of property management systems. Customisable indicators and popup panels provide you with required information all of which is accessible through an intuitive, simple and easy to use web based interface.
In addition to its flexibility, Planalysis offers a scalable and compatible solution. It is designed in such a way that allows it to coexist with a large variety of legacy systems or alternatively can be run as a cloud solution eliminating the need to procure additional hardware offering a cost effective deployment solution.
Our pricing structure enables Planalysis to be scaled in a cost effective manner with each model subscription enabling an unlimited number of users. The management portal enables you to add users and determine who and what type of access individual users have to each Planalysis model.
Yes. Configurable items such as Units of Measure, which Indicators to display, structure of Categories, content of pop-up dialog boxes and filtering criteria will be determined in consultation with you during the implementation to ensure they meet speific organisational requirements. Once programmed, these configurations are typically set as standard for an organsation however may be changed at a later date if required.
The customisation and configuration of Planalysis requires determiniation of company specific indicators and the integration of Planalysis into the source Property Management System. This exercise is typically four to six weeks in duration depending on the system, degree of system access provided and accessibility to required operational and IT personnel.
During the development and testing of the data integration routines, property floor plans are specifically encoded from supplied property graphics, enabling data from the source system to be mapped to the thermatic floor plan.
During initial stages of the project, an implementation project plan detailing project tasks and duration will be developed according to specific organsational circumstances.
No. We do not have an evaluation version of Planalysis as each model is customised for the specific property and indicators configured to individual company requiremenmts. We can however provide you with access to a demonstration model so as you can check out the features and capabilities of the solution. If you would like to gain access to the Planalysis Demonstration Site, please fill in the linked form: Request for Demonstration Site Access
Either directly or through our partners, we offer professional services to help our clients implement, configure and get the most out of their Planalysis implementation. Such services include training, data analysis, configuration, customisation, development of additional functionality, integration, and deployment services.
Planalysis is priced on an annual subscription basis according to the number of tenants in the property and size of your portfolio.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and enable us to provide you with the most cost effective solution.
The Planalysis subscription entitles you to:
- Maintenance of property floor plans ensuring they reflect the current tenancy layout
- Extraction routines are operating in an efficient and effective manner
- Access to phone and email Support and Technical services
- License to use Planalysis Extractor and Publishing software
- Software updates
- Website hosting
Access to your Planalysis models will continue to be available for a period of twelve months following the expiry of the subscription. Floor plans will however not be updated or maintained and therefore will not to reflect any changes to tenancies.
The Planalysis solution consists of two parts; the Extractor and the Publisher. The Extractor integrates into your Property Management system and other information data sources drawing and aggregating required information then formatting it in a manner suitable for the Planalysis publisher. The Planalysis publisher is a web based application that utilises the freely available Adobe Flash Player to present information to the user in a very effective and responsive manner. For more general technical information about Planalysis architecture, please see the architecture page.
Planalysis is a web based application accessible from most modern computers where internet connectivity is available.
The software runs on most Internet Browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox) that support Adobe Flash Player version 10.3 or above.
Specific System requirements:
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7, v10.8, or v10.9
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory
The Planalysis Extractor is a small console program that is designed to be run each night (or more often if required) which extracts information from your Property Management system, formats it and sends it to the Planalysis Publisher.
The Planalysis Extractor runs on a Client PC or Server within your network and requires access to the defined data sources.
Minimum hardware requirements for the Extractor are:
- Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 (32 or 64 bit) or greater, Windows Server 2008 SP2 or greater
- Processor: 1GHz
- RAM: 512 MB
- Disk Storage: 2 GB
Effective operation of the Extractor will require the system has access to:
- The various data sources identified (ie Property Management System)
- SMTP server enabling emailing of notifications
- Access to Planalysis Web server via FTP
Planalysis requires a browser that can run Adobe Flash Player version 10.3 or higher.
The Apple iPad and latest Android Operating Systems do not natively support Adoble Flash and therefore cannot run Planalysis. However don't despair, there is third party software available that will enable you to run Flash based applications, such as Planalysis, on these devices:
- Puffin Web Browser by CloudMosa
- Photon Flash Player for iPad by Appsverse
You can download and purchase these Apps from the respective App Store.
Please note: While Planalysis may run from these browsers, not all functionality may be available.